Listen as Marcus, the founder & director of Project: AK-47, tells us about how he initially began working with child soldiers in Asia in this 6 min 38 sec interview.
As I interviewed him, we talked about several topics:
• How he was first exposed to the issue of child soldiering
• The eight year period of waiting to get an “in” with the local militias to work with child soldiers
• When there was a local economic shift, the first 30 child soldiers were dropped on his doorstep
• How the first project to rescue child soldiers was funded by drug lords…
• The hope we have for these damaged children to become whole and passionate about changing their society
We would love to hear from you. What other modern day heroes do you know of and what are they doing to create change?
As mentioned in the interview:
To listen to our entire session with Marcus, click here.